Thursday, June 17, 2010

How to Influence Without Authority - eCornell Project Leadership Class

I am in my second day of the eCornell Project Leadership class - Influence Without Authority today. According to the course information, "to exercise influence without authority, you need to see your organization as a political system, understand the nature of power and influence in your organization, understand your own personal sources of influence, and know how to leverage your own personal political power."

It looks like I will be studying the retribution-based, rationality-based, and reciprocity-based strategies of influence. I will also learn about the Power Motivation Inventory.


Thank you for your time! If you have any questions about my experience with the eCornell Project Leadership classes, please email me at lisson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment