Tuesday, June 1, 2010

eCornell Project Leadership class - how to anticipate personality conflict as a project manager

In my Dealing with Difference class for the project leadership certificate from eCornell, one assignment is working with our Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment. I took a version of the MTBI at Human Metrics. The free test is here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I am an INTJ. Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking and Judging. According to Human Metrics, potential careers could be in the fields of Engineering, Law, Library Science, Management, and Computer Programming.

According to Kiersey.com I am a 'Mastermind,' skilled at contingency planning. Famous masterminds include: Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietzsche, Niels Bohr, Stephen Hawking, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton.

I agree with this finding. I am very attached to having a clear plan for everything I do. I write out my yearly goals every January and post them near my kitchen sink, where I review them when I fix breakfast every morning. I enjoy long distance running, and have kept a detailed running log for the past year. I enjoy choosing, developing and following a training plan for my running.

Thank you for your time! If you have any questions about my experience with the eCornell Project Leadership classes, please email me at lisson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment