Friday, May 21, 2010

Simon Sinek speaks on leadership and the Golden Circle

In an inspirational TED speech, leadership consultant Simon Sinek explains the thought process that great leaders use to effectively lead. He calls it the Golden Circle. The core question is: why does your organization exist?

The takeaway for me is that, in Sinek's words, "people don't buy what you do, they buy WHY you do it."

Those who lead share their dream of what the goal looks like, and their followers work to achieve it because they believe the same thing.

As a project manager, do I share my vision, or do I share my plan? Which would inspire team members more?




Thank you for your time! If you have any questions about my experience with the eCornell Project Leadership classes, please email me at lisson@gmail.com

No comments: